Part of the Great Wars Trail
Dufferin, Lord, Lady, private estate, weddings, getting married, yoghurt, Helen's Tower, Helens Tower
Clandeboye Estate is one of the few great, private estates of Northern Ireland that still remain in the ownership of the original family, the Dufferin and Ava family.
During the First World War it was known as Clandeboye Camp with the grounds a used as a training camp by the 36th (Ulster) Division prior to their embarkation from Belfast for France and the Somme.
Within the estate is Helen's Tower of which a replica was built in Thiepval through public subscription in memory those from Ulster who lost their lives in the Great War. The Thiepval Tower was dedicated on 19 November 1921 and was inscribed with a slightly altered version Lord Alred Tennyson’s original poetic dedication or Helen’s Tower.