Book Tickets Online
AboutAt the south east edge of Newtownards these substantial remains of a Dominican (Black) Friary founded in 1244 may be viewed. They are the only ones of their type in Northern Ireland. Built by the Savage family the buildings were destroyed by Sir Brian O'Neill to prevent English soldiers using them. Sir Hugh Montgomery restored the church in 1607 and added a small chapel but it fell into disrepair in the middle of the 18th-century. The Priory is currently not open to the public because of ongoing conservation work.
For information on special access guided tours please visit - https://getinvited.to/heddfc/
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.