AboutStart the comber creative crawl here at the appropriately named Coat Makers Cafe with speciality coffees, scones, light lunches, or afternoon tea. Enjoy the ambience of this beautiful historic building which has been part of the fabric of the town for at least 200 years and most notably in 1912 was combined pub (The Paragon), spirit grocers and an undertakers frequented by not only the people who worked in the shipyard on The Titanic, but by Mr. Thomas Andrews himself.
At that time the most famous fabric in the world was Irish linen and the most famous coat in the world was the Ulster (designed by John Magee). By a bizarre coincidence the owner of the building Mr John Ritchie (friend of Mr Andrews and renowned citizen of the town) owned such a coat which was stolen from his horse and trap and which must have been important news at the time as it was noted in the history of Comber.
The building has been sensitively restored in keeping with the spirit of the old town by the current owner Winnie Magee. Hence the name Winnie Magee studios, that houses the design studio, workshop, and showroom for the brand of linen raincoats. Irish linen for Irish weather is made here and sold throughout the world. The retail space also shows the Dubarry of Ireland collection as well as various products from the country living show circuit in the UK where the linen rain collection by Winnie Magee is promoted and sold.
Children & Infants
- Highchairs Available
- All major credit/debit cards accepted
- Euros accepted