Groomsport Inclusive Beach
Accessible beach, Mae Murray, Groomsport beach
Groomsport is best known for its picturesque harbour that was once a major fishing port and its two fishermens cottages known as Cockle Row. The village also boasts beautifully landscaped picnic and play areas around the harbour, sandy beaches, quality pubs and restaurants. It also has a recreation ground with two football pitches and a village hall situated in the historic boathouse at the harbour that dates back to 1884. A bus service links the village with Bangor, which is only a few miles away. Find out more about Groomsport Village and Harbour.
Service Update: Wednesday 21 July - Unfortunately this service has been temporarily paused and equipment cannot be booked at Groomsport Beach. Check back for updates.
An Inclusive Beach is a barrier-free environment where people of differing abilities, who may have been excluded until now, can come along and take part. The beach will have beach mobility equipment available to pre-book free of charge. Operating seasons, schedules and equipment options will differ from beach to beach. We ensure that we address toileting need, hoisting and adult changing bench facilities, wheelchair vehicle unloading areas, temporary walkways and accessible beach mobility equipment storage points.
5 Step Booking Process
1. Ensure you have membership of Mae Murray Foundation - which is free!
2. On the ‘Beach page’ of website - read Frequently Asked Questions and Terms & Conditions.
3. Check beach schedules and equipment options for your preferred beach. NB If unsure about which piece of equipment is best for you, contact Mae Murray Foundation on 0300 600 1166.
4. Complete online booking request form. NB You must send your request at least 72 hours in advance.
5. Await confirmation email with further instruction. If no email is received contact Mae Murray Foundation on 0300 600 1166.