Groomsport Inclusive Beach
Accessible beach, Mae Murray, Groomsport beach
Due to the current situation with Covid-19 unfortunately equipment cannot be booked at Groomsport Beach at this time. (updated 9 July 2020)
For further information, go to www.maemurrayfoundation.org or call Mae Murray Foundation on 0300 600 1166.
An Inclusive Beach is a barrier-free environment where people of differing abilities, who may have been excluded until now, can come along and take part. The beach will have beach mobility equipment available to pre-book free of charge. Operating seasons, schedules and equipment options will differ from beach to beach. We ensure that we address toileting need, hoisting and adult changing bench facilities, wheelchair vehicle unloading areas, temporary walkways and accessible beach mobility equipment storage points.
5 Step Booking Process
1. Ensure you have membership of Mae Murray Foundation - which is free! Go to www.maemurrayfoundation.org
2. On the ‘Beach page’ of website - read Frequently Asked Questions and Terms & Conditions.
3. Check beach schedules and equipment options for your preferred beach. NB If unsure about which piece of equipment is best for you, contact Mae Murray Foundation.
4. Complete online booking request form. NB You must send your request at least 72 hours in advance.
5. Await confirmation email with further instruction. If no email is received contact Mae Murray Foundation on 0300 600 1166.
For more information download this helpful guide.