Terms and Conditions
Taste Ards and North Down General Information and Cancellation Policy (26 September - 23 October)
Taste of Ards and North Down is a collection of individual experiences which celebrate delicious local food and drink, showcasing some of the borough’s finest eateries and breweries. Combined with farmers markets and a month of local restaurants showcasing their signature dish of local produce there is something for all appetites from the end of September through to the end of October.
Your safety is a priority
Any events cancelled by the organiser, under all circumstances, will be fully refundable. We will contact you as soon as we know an event has been cancelled and refund the ticket price and any booking fees.
Please note that all event venues have been operating since lockdown for restaurants was eased. As such all have been operating their own covid-19 systems to ensure the safety of patrons. In addition to restaurants seeking information from patrons for track and trace we too will maintain that information from ticket bookings for 30 days to ensure track and trace can be effectively implemented should it be necessary. If you have any queries on a specific venue please contact them individually for more information.
If deemed necessary our team will contact you in the week prior to the event with further information or any requests on our part.
During these unprecedented times, we understand that there are may be exceptional circumstances (e.g. being required to self-isolate or quarantine in accordance with Test, Track & Trace) which may lead to you being unable to attend. For this reason the following cancellation policy is in place to be balanced for both customer, restaurant and event organisers.
1: If you cannot attend please remember you have the option of passing on / selling your tickets to friends or family.
2: If you need to cancel, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. Cancellations can only be accepted through this email address.
3: From the time of booking up until 10 days prior to the event, if you have to cancel, we will refund you 75% of your ticket value. Within 10 days and until 24 hours before the event we will refund you 25% of your ticket value.
4: If your cancellation is less than 24 hours before the event, or on or after the event, we will not be able to offer a refund.
5: We will also endeavour to resell your ticket, if we can then you will be refunded the full ticket price of any resold tickets.
Escape, Relax AND Have Fun (August- September 2020)
Competition Terms and Conditions
Win £200 off an overnight stay
Competition opens Monday 17 August 2020 at 5pm and closes Wednesday 30 September 2020 at 12 noon.
1. The promoter of this competition is Ards and North Down Borough Council Tourism Section whose registered office Ards and North Down Borough Council, Tourism, Tower House, 34 Quay Street, Bangor, Co Down, Northern Ireland BT20 5ED.
2. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram, or any other social network.
3. The competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland aged 18 years or over, except for employees of Ards and North Down Borough Council, their immediate family and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the competition.
4. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition. By entering this competition you are agreeing that Ards and North Down Borough Council can contact you by telephone or email.
5. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound be these terms and conditions.
6. Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via visitardsandnorthdown.com/offers. Entries submitted via any other format will not be accepted nor included in the competition.
7. Only one entry can be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
8. The competition will open on Monday 17 August 2020 at 5pm.
9. Closing date for entry will be Wednesday 30 September 2020 at 12 noon E.S.T. After this date no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
10. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
11. The rules of competition and how to enter are as follows:-
a. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
b. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
c. One prize winner will be selected at random and will receive a £200 voucher to be redeemed at one Ards and North Down based accommodation provider (chosen by the competition winner) from accommodation providers listed on the visitardsanddnorthdown.com website.
d. The prize will be as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferrable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
e. Winners will be chosen at random by software.
f. The winner will be notified via email within 7 working days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 7 working days of notification, the promoter reserves the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
g. The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected/is to be delivered.
h. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence with be entered into.
i. The competition and these terms and conditions will be government by Northern Ireland law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Northern Ireland.
j. Ards and North Down Borough Council is the Data Controller of your information. Details you provide will be retained for the duration of the competition and will be deleted within seven days of the closing date (30 September 2020). Your data is only being used to administer the competition and to notify the winner. It will not be shared with any third parties unless there is a legal requirement to do so.
l. The winner may withdraw consent for the use of their image at any time prior to and after its publication by contacting email@example.com. Please note, however, that once a winner’s name and image has been published on social media the Council has limited control over its use but will take all reasonable steps to withdraw it from associated PR publications. Data protection queries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.