For Coffee, For Cycling, For Craft and For Cuisine
To the west of the borough, you will find Comber Town, renowned for Coffee, for Cycling, for Craft and for Cuisine.
Some facts on Comber:
- A large statue of Major General Rollo Gillespie dominates Comber’s Square and was erected to commemorate his heroic exploits in India during the 19th Century.
- The beautful St Mary's Church resided in the Square
- The designer of the RMS Titanic, Thomas Andrews was another notable native to Comber. Learn more
- After achieving EU Protected Geographical Indication status in 2012, the Comber potato (Comber Earlies) became a global brand and is celebrated annually in Comber as a week long festival.
- Comber holds an award winning Farmers Market on the first Thursday of every month
- Ards and North Down Borough Councol put on the Comber Earlies Food Festival in June annually, together with the Comber Earlies Growers
- Explore some of Combers' finest attractions, from Discover Glass to Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust (WWT) Castle Espie