Celebrate local seafood, local produce and traditional bread making at this one day event
Ards and North Down Borough Council, in partnership with Seafish NI, Food NI and Dunleath Estate Ltd is hosting a one-day event celebrating Local Seafood, Local Produce and Traditional Breadmaking. During this event a series of mobile kitchens will provide cookery demonstrations and up to 35 local food & drink artisan producers will sell and promote their products to the public and the hospitality trade. Guided tour of the walled garden will be accommodated by the Head Gardener.
Ards and North Down Borough Council have developed a unique and very targeted event aimed at starting a long-term campaign aimed at changing consumers’ consumption habits and perception.
It is proposed to change perceptions and influence habits by hosting a series of exciting food demonstrations and masterclasses on 8th October in Ballywalter Estate, which will attract chefs of international reputation to teach both the public/industry professionals and students from the local catering colleges how to cook fish and seafood. The fringe events will be organised in the Estate to encourage people to re-discover local food and use it in season:
1. The Mobile Food Kitchen will propose cookery demonstrations and up to 35 local artisans will propose and sell local food during this two-day event.
2. Local fish processors will display their products and a professional fish filleter will demonstrate how to fillet different types of fish.
3. Demonstrations on fermentation will be provided by experts in this field
4. Traditional bakers will be experimenting on the creation of new Irish breads.
New to the event this year we will be hosting a Bar Tent, serving local craft beers and spirits.
This event will be held during Seafish Seafood Week.
- Parking available on site
- Marquees will be available to shelter from the rain
- Guide dogs and emotional support dogs only will be allowed on site.
See event flyer